Thursday, March 29, 2012

Lesson #3 Reader's Advisory - Novelist

MUST CATCH UP...

I have used Novelist many times before. It was nice however to spend a little more time exploring in depth what it has to offer. Sometimes, I find their suggestions on, other times it is so OFF! I have never really liked to use Novelist for tracking series. I find FictFact to be MUCH better for tracking series. I did however like the print function in the read-alike lists. It was nice how it gave a reason for each recommendation in a sentence or two. I could see this as something you could easily print out and give to a patron and that they may find helpful.

As far as other Reader's advisory sites...
~~~ For tracking series, FictFact is THE way to go! I show patrons how to use this all the time. I even created bookmarks to give out about FictFact!
~~~ If you like to take quizzes or read maps, I would suggest checking out Gnod.

No comments: